We meet US Federal and State requirements.

OvoControl meets US Federal and State requirements.



OvoControl® P (EPA Reg. No. 80224-1) is registered in all states with the exception of New Hampshire. OvoControl® P is also registered in Washington, DC. OvoControl® P is classified as an unrestricted or general-use pesticide. There are special permitting requirements for Hawaii, please see below.

OvoControl has the ability to control pigeons at our entire site.
— Power Plant Manager, gas power plant


If you want to use OvoControl® P in Hawaii, you must follow the additional permitting requirements for the application of OvoControl P as outlined below.

Permitting of OvoControl® P in Hawaii

Due to the abundance of threatened and endangered species, OvoControl® P use in Hawaii requires some additional steps.  These steps are outlined on the OvoControl® P label in the Labels & Registrations page and on this web page below

  • Prior to application, applicator must contact the Department of Land and Natural Resources and obtain a Wildlife Control Permit if one is required.

  • Do not apply in areas where nene goose (Nesochen sandvicensis), Hawaiian coot (Fulica alai), Hawaiian moorhen (Gallinula chloropus sandvicensis) and Hawaiian duck (Anas wyvilliana) are known to occupy or graze.

  • Users must notify the Pesticides Branch of the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture, in writing prior to use. Two weeks advance notice must be given to allow time for consultation with Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

At least two weeks prior to the time of intended application, please contact the Pesticides Branch at the Hawaii Department of Agriculture.  The contact at HDOA is as follows,

Christina Bauske
Pesticides Branch
1428 S. King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814

Phone: 808-973-9415
Email: Christina.Y.Bauske@hawaii.gov

 Prior to the application of OvoControl® P, the applicator must also contact the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife to obtain a Wildlife Control Permit, (WCP – Attachment A) if one is required. Contacts for HDLNR Divison of Forestry and Wildlife are as follows.

Oahu Branch Manager

Jason Misaki
2135 Makiki Heights Drive
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822

Phone: (808) 973-9786
Cell: (808) 295-5896
Fax: (808) 973-9781
Email: Jason.C.Misaki@hawaii.gov

Kauai Branch Manager

3060 Eiwa Street
Room 306
Lihue, Hawaii 96766

Phone: (808) 274-3433
Fax: (808) 274-3438

Maui Branch Manager (including Molokai, Lanai, and Kahoolawe)

54 South High Street
Room 101
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793

Phone: (808) 984-8100
Fax: (808) 984-8111

Hawaii Branch Manager

19 East Kawili Street
Hilo, Hawaii 96720

Phone: (808) 974-4221
Fax: (808) 974-4226

Do you have any questions about using our product on your state? Check out our State Registrations page, FAQ, or contact us today. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the safety and efficacy of OvoControl®.